Friday, November 23, 2007

Wishful

Many friends have asked where I got my blog name.

I wanted a little girl for many, many years. I prayed for one for so long. When I finally found the right guy, still I had to wait on the baby. I've wanted a baby since junior high school at least and frankly, it is a miracle I never got pregnant by "accident" in all those years as my maternal instinct was so great.

Every single time I threw a penny in a fountain or saw a shooting star, I wished for a baby.

For many years, my main hobby was wishing for a child.

Finally, she arrived in 2003. And this child is such a perfect fit for me. God or something bigger than me knew this. I cannot tell you how worth the wait she was. I adore her so much. And I am so grateful to be her mommy.

But the wishing didn't end when she finally joined my life. The wishing only began.

Now I wish for her not to run out into the street. I wish for her to get a good teacher. I wish for her not to wake up in the middle of the night having night terrors. I wish for more time.

My heart is full of wishes.

1 comment:

tulipmom said...

This is such a beautiful post. I can identify with it in so many different ways.