Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Good stuff/bad stuff

Hey - we are in Northern California for Mr. C to play in a big pro-am golf tournament. It is a very big deal to him. He has always wanted to play in it but has never been invited. He feels our friend who died in September "pulled strings" for him in heaven.

We have met/seen a lot of celebrities. Kevin Costner, Joe Pesci, Chris O'Donnell, Glen Frey, etc so that is always fun.

BUT CC is VERY sick. She had what we thought was flu last week. Went to her doctor Friday. She had high fever and aches. Complained of sore throat but doctor said it wasn't even red and see it through with fluids and motrin for pain. I should have insisted on a strep test as she had been exposed to strep week before. But I hate it when doctors make us feel dumb so I didn't push. So we brought her anyway.

Yesterday she was so bad. Her eyes were glazed over and she took a nap at 10 am! We had to call an emergency doctor to the hotel room. She has a raging ear infection and bronchitis and he thinks strep although she clamped her jaw so tight, he never got to test it. He felt sure she did though as her glands were so swollen.

So it has been very hard. My friend P is here (Miss CC's godmother) and she has been a big help, although I am sure she feels lost as she does not have kids. Miss CC has not been herself. She feels terrible and is scared so has been pretty mean to all of us. I am supposed to be supporting my hubby in his big dream but I am totally focused on my girl. I had to go to a welcome dinner last night with him and faked my way through it. Afterward, Miss CC slept but coughed every breath until 1 am.

I am very scared for my girl. I feel sure she has asthma now. Please say a prayer or send some positive energy to us.

3 comments:

kristen said...

Oh sweetie, hang in there. I'm not sure where you live or how far you are from home, whether you drove, took a plane, or what...but I will keep good thoughts for you and your little girl and send as much positive energy your way as I can. Sending you a hug and wishing you a safe and uneventful trip home.

tulipmom said...

Timing is everything, isn't it? I'm sorry to hear your little girl is so sick while you are far from home. I hope she starts to feel better in the next day or two and that your husband gets to enjoy his tournament. Keep us posted!

Lori at Spinning Yellow said...

Oh gosh, I hope she is OK and that you are all over this by now! My daughter has asthma and it can be very scary as can any of those high-fever incidents, especially when you are far from home!

Thank you for coming to Spinning Yellow and leaving your thoughts on my post. Happy 39th!