Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year Baby

Well, my good friend JC (no, not Jesus Christ) is a Leap Year baby. And this is a year she can actually have a birthday party. Technically she is only 11 years old, but really is 44. She looks amazing and honestly looks closer to 11 than 44.

Her party was a hoot - just a few couples, lots of champagne, a Barbie doll cake that looked just like her and food to die for. The doll in the cake even had a little doggy in a purse just like her precious pup Miss Coco Chanel!

I wrote a poem for Miss JC called Princess JC. It has several stanzas and wouldn't win any prizes, but it is super cute. I wrote it in about 10 minutes. It made me remember I am a writer. Sure, I've dabbled in blogs. I've been published a few times. I even used to be a daily newspaper reporter. But even with all that, I have forgotten. I have forgotten I am a writer. I have let the stay-at-home mommy gig define me for too long. It is time to start making my writing a real gig and not just a memory or something I do because I can't sleep.

I need to pull out all my old manuscripts and get busy. Please make me do it.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

What is it htat you want to writ? Need to write? Feel so determined to get on paper? Set aside 20 minutes a day forthe first week and start. Make it the first thing you do before you go to bed or just after oyu take Miss C to school. Even if you pull your car into a parking lot and write. This will be something for you. It is time for oyu to start doing something for yourself and this is the one thing I always hear you say you want to do nd it is always thing thing you never do.The time to start is now. I support you totally.

Jordan said...

Write! Write! That's great.

I tagged you on my blog!

http://thewonderwheel.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-was-tagged-or-where-did-february-go.html