Thursday, March 27, 2008

NO CANCER CELLS!

You read that right. Not a cancer cell in sight!

But first, the story of the day...

Miss R was the cutest thing this morning. We had been warned about all sort of unusual or scary behavior once she was given the meds for the biopsy. Instead she starting spinning her head and giggling and saying, "I'm so silly! I'm dizzy! This is fuuuuun!" So precious.

And then afterward never nauseous, never in pain. Suddenly demanding lunch and laughing. This child is amazing. I know everyone says that, but it really it so.

I mean we're talking about a 2 1/2 year child. One willing to have her blood drawn and her blood pressure taken. A child so amazing that the nurses went in together and bought her balloons and a teddybear.

So tonight the doctors finally came in. No cancer cells. They even saw evidence of her body beginning to create red blood cells on its own. Not a lot. Not enough to be out of the woods yet. But the huge looming threat of the big C word has past.

Then what is it? THEY DON'T KNOW! How infuriating is that? They've determined not flu and not mono. So it must be some other sort of random virus that knocked poor Miss R on her booty. There is some thought it might be Fifth's Disease, which usually is not this extreme. But they've seen a few cases this year like this in the past year.

So tomorrow that they will check her blood counts again. If still low, she will have to do another transfusion. But if rising on its own, she might get to go home!!!! YAY!

I still feel a little in shock. I have stayed strong all week. I have this strange feeling that if I think about it too much, I might lose it. Kind of a delayed reaction.

Thank you so much to the Queen of Shake Shake for mentioning my blog and sending me so many well-wishers. Really made me feel better. Thank you so much! Thank you, lurkers! I'd love for you to hang out with me awhile if you like.

More tomorrow on how my Miss CC is handling all the drama and trauma. You might be surprised.

8 comments:

Veronica said...

WOO HOO for no cancer cells!

Here is hoping that whatever is wrong rights itself soon so she can go home.

(((hugs)))

TZT said...

Yay! Hope her recovery is quick, whatever the cause of the illness.

tulipmom said...

Oh thank goodness. I'm off to another OB appointment but I just had to check in. So glad to hear the good news.

cac said...

phew!!

What a huge relief. So happy for you all. Everyone must be exhausted.

dancingmom said...

Thank God! I am so happy to read this. More prayers for a speedy recovery. xoxo

Clink said...

What wonderful news! She sounds like such an amazing child!

Br0die said...

What great news! I am so relieved to hear it!!

Woooohooooo!!

Br0die said...

Oops. That comment above is me, Queen of Shake Shake. I'm logged in under my hubs and didn't realize it.