I was tagged weeks and weeks ago by the wonderful Wonderwheel. And I just had so much going on, I didn't follow through. But now would like to share with you.
A. The rules are posted at the beginning
B. Answer the questions about yourself
C. Tag 5 people, let them know in a comment on their blogs that they have been tagged.
What were you doing 10 yrs ago?
Hmm. In the spring of 1998 I had been living in San Francisco for about 6 months. I had just moved there for a job in corporate America and had just met my now-hubby Mr. C. It was a wonderful time in my life in many ways as I was a Southern gal discovering the big city and the West Coast for the first time. I had been promoted and was doing a lot of writing which always makes me feel good. I also was being wined and dined. And what a city to be doing that in!
Snacks I enjoy:
1. Dove dark chocolate
2. Dairy Queen M&Ms blizzard (wait, is that a snack?)
3. tortilla chips and guacamole
4. cheese and rosemary grackers
5. cold pizza
Five things on my to-do list today:
1. cook dinner for friend undergoing chemo
2. clean off furniture I am donating
3. find missing mailbox key and get mail out
4. pick up Miss CC from preschool
5. go see Girl's Gone Child at a local reading
Things I would do if I became a billionaire:
1. make sure my mom and mom-in-law were in comfortable beautiful homes where they felt independent but had some visiting care
2. pay off debt of all in my family and a few close friends, too
3. start a school like this in California that provides positive environments for quirky kids (John Elder Robinson wrote about it so eloquently here at his blog)
4. start a foundation that gives money to different charities each year
5. buy a second home in Carmel, California and a third one in Oxford, Mississippi (extravagant I know but hey, I'd be a billionaire!)
3 bad habits:
1. just did not grow up flossing so it is hard to start a new habit now
2. Late-night stress eating
3. Reading email on blackberry when sitting in traffic or at a red light
5 places I have lived:
3. North Carolina
4. San Francisco, California
5. Orange County, California
Jobs I have had:
1. retail clerk (in high school)
2. singing telegrams/clown (in college)
3. nanny (for not-potty-trained 3-year-old triplet boys!)
4. newspaper reporter and then editor
5. speech writter and video script writer
7. stay-at-home mommy (yay!)
Things people don’t know about me:
1. I can't sleep! Terrible insomnia from as long as I can remember. (I actually remember pretending to sleep in my crib at age 2 to please my mother.)
2. I have a brother who is 20 years older than me! And, yes, same two parents. We've never lived in same house so we are not very close. We are opposites.
3. I have wanted to be a mom since I can remember. I was always bringing home unwanted pets and then later unwanted people. I am very maternal by nature.
4. I have one tattoo and I actually ADORE it. I will never get tired of it.
I read lots of blogs and know many of you do not "do" tags. However, I will tag you anyway because I enjoy reading what you write. Feel free to avoid if you wish. This was fun for me.
I now tag:
A Path to the Sea
Weinstein: The Next Generation
Asperger Square 8