Sunday, April 13, 2008

My first blog tag!

I was tagged weeks and weeks ago by the wonderful Wonderwheel. And I just had so much going on, I didn't follow through. But now would like to share with you.

The rules:
A. The rules are posted at the beginning
B. Answer the questions about yourself
C. Tag 5 people, let them know in a comment on their blogs that they have been tagged.

What were you doing 10 yrs ago?
Hmm. In the spring of 1998 I had been living in San Francisco for about 6 months. I had just moved there for a job in corporate America and had just met my now-hubby Mr. C. It was a wonderful time in my life in many ways as I was a Southern gal discovering the big city and the West Coast for the first time. I had been promoted and was doing a lot of writing which always makes me feel good. I also was being wined and dined. And what a city to be doing that in!

Snacks I enjoy:
1. Dove dark chocolate
2. Dairy Queen M&Ms blizzard (wait, is that a snack?)
3. tortilla chips and guacamole
4. cheese and rosemary grackers
5. cold pizza

Five things on my to-do list today:
1. cook dinner for friend undergoing chemo
2. clean off furniture I am donating
3. find missing mailbox key and get mail out
4. pick up Miss CC from preschool
5. go see Girl's Gone Child at a local reading

Things I would do if I became a billionaire:
1. make sure my mom and mom-in-law were in comfortable beautiful homes where they felt independent but had some visiting care
2. pay off debt of all in my family and a few close friends, too
3. start a school like this in California that provides positive environments for quirky kids (John Elder Robinson wrote about it so eloquently here at his blog)
4. start a foundation that gives money to different charities each year
5. buy a second home in Carmel, California and a third one in Oxford, Mississippi (extravagant I know but hey, I'd be a billionaire!)

3 bad habits:
1. just did not grow up flossing so it is hard to start a new habit now
2. Late-night stress eating
3. Reading email on blackberry when sitting in traffic or at a red light

5 places I have lived:
1. Mississippi
2. Florida
3. North Carolina
4. San Francisco, California
5. Orange County, California

Jobs I have had:
1. retail clerk (in high school)
2. singing telegrams/clown (in college)
3. nanny (for not-potty-trained 3-year-old triplet boys!)
4. newspaper reporter and then editor
5. speech writter and video script writer
6. PR
7. stay-at-home mommy (yay!)

Things people don’t know about me:
1. I can't sleep! Terrible insomnia from as long as I can remember. (I actually remember pretending to sleep in my crib at age 2 to please my mother.)
2. I have a brother who is 20 years older than me! And, yes, same two parents. We've never lived in same house so we are not very close. We are opposites.
3. I have wanted to be a mom since I can remember. I was always bringing home unwanted pets and then later unwanted people. I am very maternal by nature.
4. I have one tattoo and I actually ADORE it. I will never get tired of it.

I read lots of blogs and know many of you do not "do" tags. However, I will tag you anyway because I enjoy reading what you write. Feel free to avoid if you wish. This was fun for me.
I now tag:
A Path to the Sea
Mamma Thinks
Weinstein: The Next Generation
Asperger Square 8
Smogranch

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Hey, I guess we moved to SF at the same time, then! That was a horrible El Nino winter, do you remember that??

So glad you did this, it was really fun to read!

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

Thank YOU SO MUCH for coming to my signing. It was a joy and a pleasure to meet you. You're adorable and wonderful and marvelous. Hope to see you again, sometime. Please look me up if/when you're ever in LA!